Wednesday, February 11, 2009

spring is the best

I am getting really antsy for spring to get here. That is the absolute best time of the year. Everything feels so clean and fresh and new and beautiful. The best is when you are laying in bed on a Sunday morning and sunlight is coming in the windows and you hear birds singing. This is the perfect way to wake up. It is so exciting to see everything starting to grow. I am always surprised by the flowers. Somehow I forget what bulbs I have planted just 6 months ago. The rain in spring is so cleansing. Even the terrible thunderstorms that cause the power to go out and terrify my dog are wonderful. Don't get me wrong - I am heartbroken when my dog is terrified. I just feel that he needs to learn to appreciate a good thunderstorm. Tornadoes are the one thing that I dislike about spring. They really scare me. I have been in a few and have been incredibly fortunate not to have ever had any bad experiences with them (other than being scared during).

My gardens have been coming in a little bit better each year we are in this house. Last year I planted quite a few new things. My lovely plants include: lilacs, phlox, daffodils, tulips, hyacinths, day lilies, balloon flowers, fox glove, butterfly bush, astilbe, poppies, mini hollyhocks, hostas, hydrangeas, hens and chicks, bleeding hearts..... That is all I can think of. Pictures will definitely be posted.

2 comments:

  1. I love spring too, saw my first daisy today, so it's just around the corner... Your garden must be lovely and i'm so jealous since i live in a flat,and all available space on my window ledge is full.
    Happy growing
    Moo
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh I love daisies!

    "Daisies are like sunshine to the ground."
    ~ Drew Barrymore

    ReplyDelete